|FAQs of the Month: VisioDevKit Special Edition
This month, we are doing a special edition of FAQs of the Month and highlighting questions related to VisioDevKit by Visioglobe®.
This month's questions are:
- Question: What is VisioDevKit?
Answer: VisioDevKit is real-time 3D rendering engine and software development kit (SDK) created by Visioglobe. It allows developers to easily create or enhance an existing mobile application with advanced 3D location data and indoor navigation capabilities. Developers can use the SDK to create mobile navigation apps not only for outdoor use with nice 3D rendering effects using NAVTEQ Visual Content, but also for indoor navigation in many of the largest shopping malls, using NAVTEQ Destination Maps.
- Question: How is NAVTEQ involved in VisioDevKit?
Answer: NAVTEQ has worked with Visioglobe to provide sample street map data, 3D visual content, Destination Maps and support during the development phase of VisioDevKit.
- Through a co-marketing agreement with Visioglobe, NAVTEQ has the right to distribute VisioDevKit to application developers worldwide via NN4D.
- It contains two developer demos using sample NAVTEQ® data to help application developers make the most of the opportunities in 3D mapping and destination mapping.
- VisioDevKit integrates sample data from NAVTEQ's Enhanced 3D City Models for Munich and an indoor map of a U.S. shopping mall, a sample of one of NAVTEQ's many Destination Maps.
- Question: What does it cost to use VisioDevKit?
Answer: The SDK is available to all NN4D members for a free evaluation period of three months (90 days). To discuss commercial terms after the evaluation period, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to get a commercial SDK license from Visioglobe.
- Question: What platforms does the SDK support?
Answer: VisioDevKit is currently available for iOS and Android (1.6 and later).
For more information on VisioDevKit by Visioglobe, please click here.