|Optimized NN4D Search Engine Providing Faster, More Accurate Results
The NN4D Search Tool plays a critical role in understanding the user’s intent in looking for particular information and delivering it in a quick, user-friendly and engaging manner.
In the June 2011 release of the optimized NN4D search, significant changes were made, leading to more organic search results and a more satisfying search experience. Key updates that occurred in this release were:
- Predictive Search. Lists of query options are displayed to users before they even finish entering their search terms. Users can scroll up and down in the search box pull-down menu and select the most applicable predicted terms. The order of the predicted search terms is determined by the frequency of the keywords that have been previously searched.
- Advanced Search is no longer buried in the mega menu. Instead, there is a link right next to the Search box on the NN4D home page. Users can expand on their initial search requirements at the top of the advanced search. The search form has been updated to make query definition less clunky.
- Search Tips exist to provide more guidance and enable ultimate usage of this powerful tool. Detailed explanations of the options for advanced search are provided, as well as some examples of query definitions.
- Presentation of Search Results. Search results are organized by type, i.e., content page, file, video, forum, blog, FAQ and Knowledge Base. Additionally, users’ search strings are now automatically highlighted in search results. This provides more contextual information around search input and helps users find their ideal matches more quickly.
- Updated Breadcrumb Trail offers a navigation aid that allows users to keep track of their locations on the website.